To say that I like pumpkin would be an understatement. I consider myself a pumpkin gourmet. This year I sampled more than a dozen pumpkin beers. I have recipes for pumpkin nachos, pumpkin chili, pumpkin burgers, and pumpkin lasagna along with all of your normal pumpkin uses. I come by it honestly though. The only people I’ve known that like pumpkin as much as I do are my cousins and we all got it from my late grandmother.
Pumpkin Dip is a great fall appetizer or snack. It would even make a great dessert. I serve it with apple slices, gingersnaps and graham crackers.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese or Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon frozen orange juice concentrate
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in the confectioners’ sugar. Mix in the pumpkin, spices, and orange juice concentrate until well-blended. Chill until serving.